Few foods say summer to me like fudge pops. My entire childhood comes rushing through my mind with the first taste of these almond milk fudge pops. The nostalgia is overwhelming.
My entire life, I have had a love/hate relationship with dairy. I’m not actually allergic, but my life is better if I keep dairy to a minimum. I use normal semi-sweet chocolate chips and a tablespoon of butter. The butter can be omitted. I have forgotten it once or twice. While I have never actually tried the recipe with a vegan chocolate, I imagine that it would probably work. If you try it, let me know how it turns out.
Are you ready to make some almond milk fudge pops? Check out the recipe below!
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups Silk Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- Begin as if you were making a custard.
- Add chocolate chips, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and almond milk into your saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat stirring continuously until it thickens like a thin gravy or coats the back of a spoon nicely.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Stir until butter is melted and combined throughout.
- Pour into your mold and freeze until frozen.
- Overnight usually does the trick.
Voila! Yummy fudge pops with little dairy. You can add sliced strawberry, other fruits, sprinkles, coconut, chopped nuts, crushed cookies (like Oreos), or anything else your imagination might dream up to make them even more decadent.
Fudge Pops with Almond Milk
*This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission for clicks or purchases through these links.