I had so much fun recreating Dee’s Pecan Pie Muffins last month that I decided to participate in November’s Recipe Swap. We are each selected to visit another blog, recreate one of their recipes, photograph it, and blog it with links back. This month, I was randomly selected to choose a recipe from Simply Made Recipes. Again, it was a tough decision to just choose just one of her recipes for this swap, and I am sure that I will be hitting her blog up for menu ideas from time to time, but I ultimately decided to recreate Amber’s Homemade Cornbread Recipe. If you get a chance to browse her site, you won’t regret it!
Affiliate links are included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you!
I started by preheating my oven to 425°F. Next, I sprayed my baking dish with cooking spray. She recommends a 9×9 baking dish. I only had an 8×8 available, but it turned out just fine, nonetheless.
In a small bowl, I whisked together the eggs, milk, and vegetable oil. In a large bowl, I stirred the cornmeal, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. The liquid ingredients from the small bowl were added to the large bowl, and everything was mixed together very well.
I poured it all into my prepared baking dish. Then I popped it into the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown perfection.
Are you ready to make Amber’s Homemade Cornbread Recipe from Simple Made Recipes? Check out the recipe below!
- 1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray baking dish (9x9 or 8x8) with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and vegetable oil together.
- In a large bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined well.
- Pour batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, it bounces back to the touch, and/or fork inserted into center comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
What’s for dinner? Need a side dish? Cornbread goes so well with so many dishes that it is definitely on my list of favorite side dishes. I would love to hear about your favorite side dishes in the comments!