I really like this recipe for red chicken chili in the slow cooker because I don’t always have precooked ground meat in the freezer to throw into the slow cooker for a chili. Sometimes, I don’t want a white chicken chili. This is a very typical chili recipe for the slow cooker using chicken breasts in place of the ground meat. No pre-cooking required!
*Affiliate links included.
Are you ready to make some red chicken chili? Check out the recipe below!
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cans Light Red Kidney Beans 15.5 oz each - rinsed
- 1 Can Corn 15 oz - drained
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz (may substitute Rotel -or add Rotel- if you're looking for more spice)
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- About 1/2 Cup Frozen Diced Onions & Bell Peppers
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Chicken Base
- 1 tsp Tony's Cajun Creole Seasoning (or your favorite season-all)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- Layer the frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients over the chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours adjusting times for your appliance.
- Before serving, use a wooden spoon to break apart the chicken breasts and stir the ingredients until well blended.
- Adjust seasoning if desired.
It is funny! I fixed a bowl for my teenage son to eat. When I handed it to him, I asked him if he wanted a fork or spoon. He gave me an odd look then said, “More chips!” LOL