One of our favorite Cajun families is coming up for a visit to see our family. My mom asked me to bring desserts. I selected a two desserts that were hits at previous events. One is a new experiment for me.
Cream Cheese Fudge
First, I made the cream cheese fudge. I make this for church gatherings a lot because it is incredibly easy (just two ingredients and no baking), delicious, and travels well.
- 1 Bag of White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tub of Cream Cheese Frosting
- Parchment paper
- Line a pan with parchment paper. I use a pan that is around 8 X 8. Any pan in that neighborhood will work.
- Melt the bag of white chocolate chips. I use a double boiler, but you can melt them anyway you are comfortable. Once melted, take them off the heat and stir the cream cheese frosting. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for several hours until firm. Cut into bite-size pieces.
Peanut Butter and Corn Chip No Bake Cookies
I first made this recipe for a potluck at church. I received lots of compliments and recipe requests. This is where I found the recipe. I rarely follow recipes, but this one is worth following to the letter.
I will say that I thought I remembered the recipe and attempted to make this without rereading the recipe. I mixed the sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter together then began cooking them. It turned out gritty. My boys loved it because they got to eat my mistake while I remade it for the gathering. Here is my finished product.
Strawberry Fluff Jello Salad
This was a new recipe for me. I thought I followed it fairly closely, but I’m not sure that I let the jello/pudding/water mixture refrigerate long enough. It is still really good.
Here is my final product:
I encourage you to try each of these. Delicious, easy, and a lot of fun to make.