I was starting to get into a cooking rut. It happens! Right? I decided to experiment a little bit. This ground meat potato casserole recipe was such a hit with my oldest son that I wasn’t sure my husband would get any at all. Teenagers!!! With meat, potatoes, peas, cheese, and creamy sauce… I guess I can’t blame him too much.
*This post contains affiliate links. I could receive a commission from clicks or purchases through these links.
For this recipe, I used ground turkey. I buy it in bulk, cook it all with onions, bell peppers, and Tony’s seasoning with this recipe. After I divide it up, each bag is roughly 2 lbs of ground turkey. The same could easily be done with ground beef or ground chicken.
Are you ready to make some ground meat potato casserole? Check out the recipe below!
- Frozen Pre-Cooked Ground Meat seasoned (I use ground turkey)
- Frozen Diced Hashbrown Potatoes (2 lb bag)
- 2 Cans of Peas (drained)
- 1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can of Cream of Celery Soup
- 1/2 Can of Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Roughly about 1 cup of shredded cheese added at the end
- If your pre-cooked and frozen ground meat is a big chunk, you can either give it a little extra time in the slow cooker to loosen it or microwave it just enough to crumble.
- Combine the ground meat, frozen diced potatoes, peas, cream soups, and water in the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine it well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours adjusting times for your appliance as needed.
- Adjust salt & pepper to taste.
- Add shredded cheese on top allowing just enough time to melt before serving.
It just doesn’t get much easier! I already have plans to experiment with some more slow cooker recipes coming up. Keep your eyes peeled.