Lime rice crispy treats are a super easy spin on a much-loved dessert. The subtle green color makes it a perfect dessert for St. Patrick’s Day or paired with cherry for Christmas, and the lime flavor adds a nice citrus freshness. This simple treat is just as easy as original Rice Krispies Treats®, but with a fun little twist. It could make the perfect addition to your next bake sale or gathering.
*Affiliate Links Included
Are you ready to make some lime rice crispy treats? Check out the recipe below!
- 2 TBSP salted butter
- 10 oz Bag Mini Marshmallows
- 3 oz Box Lime Gelatin Powder
- 4 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- Cooking Spray or Parchment Paper to prepare your pan
- Prepare a pan with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows to your butter stirring often until melted.
- Add lime gelatin powder to the melted marshmallow and butter mixture stirring well.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add the rice cereal.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into your prepared pan.
- Wet your hands with water to press the treats into the pan with minimal sticking.
- If neatly cut rectangles are important to you, wait about an hour or so for them to set before cutting.
*Affiliate Links are Included for your convenience. I may receive a commission from clicks or purchases through these links.