My youngest son loves Andes mints, so when I found that Andes mints make mint bits for cookies, I snagged a bag, but not to make cookies. Oh no! I have another idea in mind. I am making a microwave mint hot cocoa, and I am sharing the recipe here with you.
Affiliate Links are Included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you.
My son Isaac is in the picture above with his mint hot cocoa in his favorite Christmas mug. This recipe can be made in a few minutes and with only a few simple ingredients. He is a bit of a picky eater so I was delighted when my microwave mint hot cocoa won his approval. He did scrape off the whipped cream after I got these photos. Like I said… Picky Eater!
To make this delicious mint hot cocoa, I poured half and half in a mug with some milk. I used skim milk because that is what we keep stocked in the fridge, but whatever milk you regularly use will work just fine. I microwaved them for 90 seconds to get them good and hot. After 90 seconds, I pulled the mug out of the microwave and added the Andes mint bits with some sugar and stirred it really well until the mint bits melted and the sugar dissolved. I topped the mint cocoa with whipped cream and a few more mint bits.
Are you ready to make some single serve microwave mint hot cocoa? Check out the recipe below!
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1/4 cup Milk (I used skim, but whatever you have will be fine)
- 2 TBSP Andes mint bits (sold with the chocolate chips)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Toppings Optional: Whipped cream, mint bits, chocolate shavings, crushed peppermints, etc.
- Pour half and half into a mug.
- Add milk to the half and half in the mug.
- Microwave for about 90 seconds.
- Pull mug out of the microwave.
- Add Andes mint bit and sugar to warmed milk mixture.
- Stir until mints are melted and well combined.
- Add toppings if desired.
It doesn’t get much easier than that!