My mother would make pistachio pudding cake when I was growing up. With St. Patrick’s Day creeping closer, this dessert is just perfect! This would be fabulous for Christmas, too. It is green. It is delicious. It is easy. This dessert has such a lightness to it. What more could you want? The recipe, maybe? You’ve got it!
Affiliate Links Included
I am a huge fan of pistachio flavored foods.
Are you ready to make some pistachio pudding cake? Check out the recipe below!
- 1 box of White Cake Mix
- 1 box of Pistachio Pudding Mix (1 oz)
- Water - as indicated on the cake mix
- Vegetable Oil - as indicated on the cake mix
- Eggs - as indicated on the cake mix
- Green Food Coloring (optional for deeper color)
- Cooking Spray or Parchment Paper to prepare your pan
- For the Topping:
- 1 box Pistachio Pudding Mix (1 oz)
- 1 tub of Cool Whip (8 oz)
- Preheat your oven according to the cake mix's directions.
- Prepare your pan with cooking spray, parchment paper, etc.
- Mix your ingredients according to the cake mix's directions. Using egg whites rather than whole eggs may make the color a deeper green.
- Add the Pistachio pudding mix to the cake mix and and mix well.
- You may want to add green food coloring if you desire a deeper color.
- Pour your cake mix into your prepared pan.
- Bake according to the cake mix's directions.
- Once the cake is baked, allow it to cool completely.
- Combine the Pistachio Pudding Mix and the Cool Whip topping.
- Spread the Topping onto the cooled cake
Affiliate links are included. Commissions earned through clicks or purchases help to support this blog.