I told you that I would give you a recipe using my frozen ground turkey (or ground beef) this week. Well, here it is! This Sloppy Joes Recipe is one of our household’s favorite dinners, and, with the frozen browned ground turkey ready to go, this meal is an incredibly easy slow cooker meal.
*Affiliate Links are Included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you.
This recipe is so easy that the canned stuff will seem complicated and difficult by comparison. Literally, dump all the ingredients into the slow cooker, stir, wait, adjust seasoning, and spoon onto buns.
This comes together rather quickly on the stove top as well when the ground meat is pre-cooked.
Are you ready to make some sloppy joes? Check out the recipe below!
- Roughly about 1 1/2 lbs pre-cooked and frozen ground meat cooked with onions and bell peppers (I used ground turkey)
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning blend (mine has no salt- be aware of all salt you may be adding)
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Add salt & pepper or red pepper flakes as desired (I added a bit of salt to mine)
- Hamburger buns or rolls
- Stick everything into a slow cooker. If the meat is in one big chunk, you should probably stir once the meat is thawed enough. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Be sure to know your slow cooker and adjust those times accordingly. Most everything is pre-cooked so your cooking times could be substantially less. These guidelines work for me and my slow cooker.
- Once it is done cooking, adjust your seasoning to your liking. I added a bit of salt. Since the meat was seasoned, I like to play it safe and under-salt. You can always add more salt, but too much salt can ruin a good meal.
- Once you’ve tweaked your seasoning, spoon the mixture onto buns or rolls and enjoy.
If you like your sloppy joes on the sloppier side, add another can of tomato sauce or cut back on the meat.
*This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission from clicks or purchases through these links.