Every Thanksgiving, I am assigned to make a Sweet Potato Casserole by my mother. Every Thanksgiving, I use a different recipe or no recipe at all, and my mother raves about how good my sweet potato casserole always is. I am very sincere that I have never made the same casserole twice. I am convinced that the sweet potato casserole is a standard Thanksgiving dish in part because it is difficult to mess up. This recipe is certainly no exception.
Affiliate links are included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you.
I started with baked sweet potatoes. This can easily be done a day or two in advance. Once they are cooked, remove inside of the sweet potato and set it aside. I had 4 cups of baked sweet potato.
I hate dirtying dishes unnecessarily. I tossed all the ingredients for the casserole (minus the topping, of course) into the slow cooker. A fork was all that I needed to stir them all together well, but a hand mixer would work nicely, too. Once it was mixed well, I smoothed the mixture out.
For the topping, I combined the pecans, butter, and brown sugar in a microwave-safe bowl. I microwaved the mixture for about a minute. I dropped my topping over my casserole and used my fork to smooth it out. Then, I sprinkled some extra brown sugar over all of it.
With the lid securely on the slow cooker, I cooked the Sweet Potato Casserole for 2-3 hours on high or 4-6 hours on high. Adjust these times according to your slow cooker.
Are you ready to make some Sweet Potato Casserole? Check out my recipe below!
- 4 cups Baked Sweet Potato
- 3/4 cup Half & Half
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- More Brown Sugar to sprinkle
- Bake sweet potatoes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from skin and set aside to cool.
- Add sweet potatoes, half & half, cinnamon, vanilla, brown sugar, and vegetable oil to the slow cooker.
- Mix ingredients well with a spoon or mixer.
- Smooth out the top.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chopped pecans, butter, and brown sugar.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir a bit
- Drop the topping on top of the casserole and smooth it out with a spoon.
- Sprinkle additional brown sugar over the casserole.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve and Enjoy!
That’s all there is to it! Easy peasy!
Affiliate links are included below. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you!