I just love slow cooker meals. I love to relax knowing that dinner is slowly simmering away in the kitchen without any effort on my part. This tater tot casserole is a family favorite.
*Affiliate Links Included
This is certainly not the healthiest recipe I will share, but it is delicious, easy, and a hit with my guys. I start with Browned and Frozen Ground Meat. This makes this recipe come together so quickly and easily.
Because my ground meat is a giant meat popsicle cube, I put it in the slow cooker for about 30 minutes to let it thaw and separate. If your cooked ground meat is freshly cooked, you can naturally skip this step. I recommend cooking onions and bell pepper into your seasoned ground meat for extra flavor.
Are you ready to make some tater tot casserole? Check out the recipe below!
- Frozen or fresh browned & seasoned ground meat (preferably with onion & bell pepper) (I use ground turkey.)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 cans Peas
- Frozen Tater Tots
- Shredded Cheese
- I put my frozen cube of seasoned ground turkey into the slow cooker for about 30 minutes to thaw it and loosen it. I don’t know exactly how much ground turkey I used, but you can check Here to get an idea. This recipe does not require exact measurements.
- After the meat is loosened from its icy prison, add the cream of mushroom soup, the cream of celery soup, and the cans of peas and stir well.
- I have made this with a number of different cream soups. It is kind of fun to experiment with different varieties, but this combo is my favorite.
- Next, smooth the creamy meaty goodness until it is pretty flat.
- Add shredded cheese across the top.
- Begin topping with tater tots that are still frozen.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Adjust these times for your slow cooker.
- Lots of yumminess waiting in the slow cooker to get gobbled up. Enjoy!
*This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission from clicks or purchases through these links.