For the church picnic today, we were asked to bring a side dish and a dessert. For my side dish, I chose to make a Creamy Broccoli in the slow cooker. It is incredibly easy, and my family loves it. For my dessert, I chose Apple Enchiladas. You can read more below.
- Frozen Broccoli - 1 lb bag
- Cream of Mushroom Soup - 1 can
- Shredded Cheese - 1/2 to 1 cup
- Butter - 1/4 stick or 1/8 cup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- I will double for today's church picnic. This is the quantities I use for a side at home.
- Pour frozen broccoli into the slow cooker.
- Pour cream of mushroom soup over the frozen broccoli. Drop butter on top of soup.
- Cook on low for 3-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours adjusting times for your slow cooker.
- About 30 minutes before serving (or bringing to a gathering), add the shredded cheese and stir.
- Adjust your seasoning to your liking. I didn't add any salt nor pepper.
My family just loves this Creamy Broccoli. My son can eat the entire recipe listed above by himself so I doubled the batch for the church picnic so other people might get some as well.
Full disclosure: I didn’t measure anything when I made mine. I used smaller flour tortillas. I also skipped the water in the “sauce”. I wanted a thick sauce over it. I’m not sure if that was a good call or not. I’ll have to make it with the water one day to compare. The last change I made was to use a Caramel Apple Pie Filling ’cause I’ve got to kick it up a notch.
My final product:
I made one apple enchilada wrapped in aluminum foil for my husband to test. He approves! Time will tell if our church family agrees with him.
It appears as though they were both a hit. I never actually got any Creamy Broccoli because it was gone. I did have several recipe requests. I also got several compliments on the Caramel Apple Enchiladas.
*This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission for clicks and purchases through these links.