I was looking for a great, but simple, after-school snack recipe. Actually, since my children are homeschooled, it is more like a during-school snack! LOL As I was wandering the grocery store aisles, I stumbled upon a box of banana cake mix. Inspiration struck! Apple banana muffins are perfect for a quick pick-me-up between Geometry and Physics.
Affiliate links are included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you!
I just love the simplicity of muffin recipes made from fruit puree and cake mix. I have experimented with many different fruit and veggie purees mixed with lots of different cake mixes. They are all low fat since the egg and oil are omitted and have lots of added fiber from the fruit or veggies.
My oven gets preheated to 350°F. I prepare my cupcake tin with either oil or cupcake liners, then I simply add the apple sauce to the banana flavored cake mix. I add enough apple sauce to make the mixture about the consistency of muffin batter. If you are using a homemade apple sauce, you may need to add more or less depending on the water content.
Once the batter is mixed, I fill my muffin tins which are already lined with cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way. I bake them in a preheated oven for roughly about 25-30 minutes when they are a nice golden brown and spring back to the touch. I remove them from the oven and allow them to cool before serving.
Are you ready to make some Apple Banana Muffins? Check out the recipe below!
- 1 Box Banana Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 Cup Apple Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare muffins tins with either oil spray, butter, or cupcake liners.
- Mix banana cake mix and apple sauce until no dry mix remains and mixture is the consistency of muffin batter.
- May need more or less apple sauce if using homemade
- Fill prepared muffin tins 3/4 with muffin batter.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown and springs back to the touch.
- Allow to cool before serving.