Ice cream season is approaching, and this butterscotch hard shell topping is the perfect way to crown your masterpiece. This oh-so-simple recipe requires just 2 ingredients and can be made with a microwave.
This is NOT a sponsored post, but it does contain affiliate links.
Nestle® Toll House® Butterscotch Morsels and coconut oil come together to make this recipe easy and delicious.
Melt the chips in the microwave. I used cycles of 22 seconds each to keep them from scorching. After 3 or 4 cycles, the chips were smooth and melted.
Once the butterscotch morsels are melted, the coconut oil can be added. You can immediately tell a difference in the texture and consistency of the topping.
Just mix the melted chips and coconut oil then drizzle over your favorite ice cream. This is really good over other frozen treats as well.
Give the topping a minute or two to harden for best results.
Are you ready to make this butterscotch hard shell topping? Check out the recipe below!
- 1 cup Butterscotch morsels
- 1/8 cup Coconut Oil
- Melt the butterscotch morsels.
- I used 22-second intervals in the microwave to keep the chips from scorching. Stir between intervals.
- Once the morsels are melted, add the coconut oil.
- Stir them together until they are well combined.
- Drizzle over your favorite ice cream or frozen treat.
Just store it in an air-tight container. It may need to be microwaved for 20-30 seconds or so.
Affiliate links are included. I may make a commission from clicks or purchases through these links which help to support this blog.