My husband gets very excited when we eat out at a restaurant, and the “Soup of the Day” is a Creamy Potato Soup. I knew I would have to master the creamy potato soup recipe for him, and this recipe is “Husband Approved”.
Affiliate links are included. I make a small commission off of sales through some of these links at no extra cost to you. Thank you for reading my blog today.
Recommended Kitchen Tools
Sharp Kitchen Knife
Soup Bowls & Spoons
For this recipe, I used a small 1.5 quart slow cooker. If you’re wanting to fill a larger slow cooker, you can multiple the recipe accordingly.
First, I peeled and cut a couple of potatoes into roughly bite-sized cubes. I used two large potatoes, but each potato weighed around 12 ounces each after being peeled and cut. I tossed the potato cubes into the the slow cooker and added Chicken Base, minced garlic, water, half & half, salt and pepper. They all got a quick stir before I put the lid on the slow cooker and cooked it on high for about 4 hours.
You will need to adjust the cooking times to your slow cooker. Once the potatoes are cooked all the way through, you should be good. If your slow cooker tends to run slower than most, you can also cut your potatoes a bit smaller to speed things along if you’re in a hurry.
Right before serving, add shredded cheese. I used a Mexican Style Blend cheese because I always have it on hand. Cheddar would be really good, or you can add your favorite cheese for a unique personalized twist.
I topped my husband’s soup with bacon pieces and more shredded cheese. Chives would also make a nice topping.
Are you ready to make some Creamy Potato Soup in the slow cooker? Check out the recipe below!
- 2 Large Potatoes (Peeled & Cubed)
- 2 TBSP Chicken Base
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- 1 tsp Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese (I used a Mexican Style Blend)
- Toppings: Chives, Bacon, Cheese, Croutons
- Peel and Cube two large potatoes. My potatoes were roughly about 12 oz each after being peeled and cut.
- Toss potatoes into the slow cooker.
- Add chicken base, minced garlic, water, half & half, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Give it all a quick stir.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for about 4 hours adjusting the time for your appliance.
- Right before serving, add shredded cheese and stir.
- Top as desired.