When I’m not using the slow cooker, there is a good chance that dinner will be on the grill. My family loves grilled chicken breasts, so I experiment with marinades often so we can change things up a bit. I use Coca-Cola in my Cola Marinade, but you could certainly use whatever cola you happen to have on hand.
Affiliate links are included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you.
Cooking Equipment Recommended
Grill (I used a gas grill, but your favorite grill will work perfectly)
One of the beauties of marinades is the flexibility. Like your meat to be a little more sweet? Add more brown sugar. Have a vampire problem? Add more garlic. Watching your sodium? Use a low sodium soy sauce or cut back on the soy sauce. This recipe is easy to tweak until it is perfect for you and your family. Below, this recipe is tweaked to perfection for our family.
**If you’re nervous about grilling chicken breasts, check out my Beginner’s Guide to the Most Delicious Grilled Chicken Breasts for everything you might need to know.**
I just put the chicken breasts into a Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over them. Sometimes I squish the bag a little to get the marinade to mix a little better. I let them soak in that loveliness for most of the day in the refrigerator. By dinner time, they are ready for the grill.
The Coca-Cola gives the meat a lovely flavor plus the carbonation makes the meat really juicy and tender. The soy sauce and garlic each give the meat a great deal of savory delight. The brown sugar enhances the sweetness. All of the unique flavors play well together.
My cola marinaded chicken makes a delicious grilled chicken sandwich, too. Grab your favorite hamburger buns, rolls, or sandwich bread as well as your favorite sandwich toppings. You can even chop up leftovers for a salad for lunch the next day. I just love this flexible recipe.
Are you ready to make some of Trisha’s Cola Marinade for Chicken Breasts on the Grill? Check out the recipe below!
- 6-8 Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 can (12 fl oz) Coca-Cola (or your favorite cola)
- 1 heaping TBSP minced garlic (seriously heaping - vampires tremble around us)
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine soy sauce, Coca-Cola, garlic, and brown sugar.
- Squish the bag to make sure they are combined well.
- Add chicken breasts to the bag.
- **Honestly, I always do that backwards. Breasts first, then pour the marinade ingredients on top.**
- Allow chicken breasts to marinate at least a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill your chicken breasts to perfection (165 degrees F).
- Serve and Enjoy!