I really like this recipe for red chicken chili in the slow cooker because I don’t always have precooked ground meat in the freezer to throw into the slow cooker for a chili. Sometimes, I don’t want a white chicken chili. This is a very typical chili recipe for the slow cooker using chicken breasts in place of the ground meat. No pre-cooking required!
*Affiliate links included. Small commissions earned through these links come at no additional cost to you. Thank you for reading my blog.
Are you ready to make some red chicken chili? Check out the recipe below!
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cans Light Red Kidney Beans 15.5 oz each - rinsed
- 1 Can Corn 15 oz - drained
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz (may substitute Rotel -or add Rotel- if you're looking for more spice)
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- About 1/2 Cup Frozen Diced Onions & Bell Peppers
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Chicken Base
- 1 tsp Tony's Cajun Creole Seasoning (or your favorite season-all)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- Layer the frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients over the chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours adjusting times for your appliance.
- Before serving, use a wooden spoon to break apart the chicken breasts and stir the ingredients until well blended.
- Adjust seasoning if desired.
It is funny! I fixed a bowl for my teenage son to eat. When I handed it to him, I asked him if he wanted a fork or spoon. He gave me an odd look then said, “More chips!” LOL