I just love lemon flavored desserts… especially in the spring and summer. There is just something really refreshing about citrus flavors. When I made the Red Velvet Brownies last winter, I knew that I would be making Lemon Brownies for the spring/summer. These Lemon Brownies will be perfect after our grilled chicken breasts for dinner tonight.
Affiliate links are included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you.
In a mixing bowl, I mixed the lemon cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water together. I used a wire whisk, but a hand mixer or simply a spoon would suffice. Once the ingredients are mixed well, pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted about a full inch from the edge comes out with cooked crumbs rather than doughy batter.
I think I made my glaze too thin. I mixed 3 tablespoons of water to 1 cup of powdered sugar. When I made the Red Velvet Brownies, I used 2 tablespoons of water. Next time I make the Lemon Brownies (there will be many more next times), I will use 2 tablespoons of water, but the glaze in the pictures here all have 3 tablespoons.
Are you ready to make some Lemon Brownies? Check out the recipe below!
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- Cooking spray or parchment paper to prepare pan
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-3 TBSP Water or Lemon Juice (I used water for mine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray brownie pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, and water until well combined.
- Spoon batter into your prepared brownie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with crumbs rather than batter a full inch from the edges.
- Make the glaze by stirring the powdered sugar and water together.
- Drizzle the glaze over the brownies.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
That’s all there is to it! Pretty easy, right?