What’s for lunch? Homemade Microwavable Burritos
From Your Freezer to your Microwave
Ready in Minutes
*This post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated for purchases bought through these links.
So, yesterday I posted my oh so easy recipe for refried black beans. SEE IT HERE! Today, I’m going to tell you how to turn that easy dinner into an even easier lunch. Make your own homemade microwavable burritos to keep in the freezer. This just couldn’t be any easier.
Are you ready to make some homemade microwavable burritos? Check out the recipe below!
- Optional Ingredients Include Salsa, Guacamole, Onions, Bell Peppers, Sour Cream, Chicken, Beef, Tomatoes, or anything else you can think of.
- I start with my homemade refried black beans. The link to the recipe is above. The slow cooker really does all the work, but if that isn’t easy enough, you can buy pre-made refried beans.
- Take your soft tortilla and add a scoop of refried black beans. Add as much or as little as you prefer, just leave room for folding.
- Add cheese. Again, add as much or as little as you prefer.
- I usually stop here because my husband prefers his salsa on the side, but you can add anything else you want. Just remember to leave room for folding up your burrito.
- You will fold both ends. One end is shown folded above, but both ends are done in the same fashion.
- Next, you bring one side over and roll until it is closed as above.
- Wrap each burrito in parchment paper or wax paper to keep them from sticking. Place them into a freezer bag and label.
Whenever you need a quick lunch, just open, microwave, and enjoy.
*This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission from clicks or purchases through these links.