My Great Aunt Electa made a baked macaroni and cheese with eggs that was absolutely delightful. This dish was a favorite of my sister and I growing up. Due to a combination of business, laziness, and fondness for my slow cooker, I decided to adapt this Mac and Cheese with Egg recipe for the slow cooker. My Aunt Electa’s will always be the best, but this is really good and so super easy.
Affiliate links are included. Thank you for reading my blog today.
Recommended Kitchen Tools
Dry macaroni gets boiled with a pinch of salt before anything else is done. Once they are boiled according to package directions, strain out the water, and pour the macaroni into the slow cooker. I used a triple slow cooker with only 2 – 2 1/2 quart inserts so you may want to double or triple this recipe for a larger slow cooker.
In a mixing bowl, I gave the large eggs a quick stir then added milk, shredded cheddar, black pepper, and salt. All of it was mixed thoroughly then poured on top of the macaroni in the slow cooker. I gave the macaroni and mixture another quick stir in the slow cooker to make sure it was thoroughly combined and the cheese is nicely distributed. The lid is returned to the slow cooker, and the slow cooker was set to the low setting for about 3-4 hours.
Are you ready to make some Mac and Cheese with Egg in your slow cooker? Check out the recipe below!
- 2 cups Dry Macaroni
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk (I used skim)
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar
- Additional Shredded Cheddar to sprinkle across top
- Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Boil macaroni with a pinch of salt according to the box directions
- Strain the macaroni with a colander to remove water.
- Pour cooked macaroni into the slow cooker
- In a mixing bowl, stir the large eggs well.
- Add Milk, 2 cups of shredded cheddar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and freshly ground black pepper to the large eggs in the mixing bowl.
- Stir the ingredients in the mixing bowl well.
- Pour the ingredients in the mixing bowl over the cooked macaroni in the slow cooker.
- Stir all the ingredients in the slow cooker thoroughly.
- Top with extra shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return the lid to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the cheese is all melted and the sides are just beginning to brown.
- Serve and Enjoy!
If you are wanting Mac & Cheese, but it’s too late to get it started in the slow cooker, try my easy stovetop Mac & Cheese recipe.