Hot cocoa seems to be the honorary drink of winter. I often want to make a nice big pot of homemade hot cocoa, but my family usually don’t want it when I do. Here is a single serving recipe for microwave hot cocoa for those times when a cup or two will do.
Affiliate Links are Included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you!
In the picture above, my son Zachary is drinking this hot cocoa from his second favorite mug topped with whipped cream. He is not a coffee drinker, but he loves his hot cocoa, and this recipe won his approval.
I poured half and half into my son’s mug with milk. This could be made entirely from half and half or from milk, but I think the combination worked really well. I microwaved the milk mixture for 90 seconds to get it nice and hot. I added semisweet chocolate chips and sugar and stirred really well to mix thoroughly. Believe it or not, this was it. A little whipped topping makes it special.
Are you ready to make microwave hot cocoa? Check out the recipe below!
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- 1/4 cup Milk (I used skim milk because that is what we keep. Your favorite milk will work.)
- 2 TBSP Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Optional Toppings: Whipped Cream, Chocolate shavings
- Pour half and half and milk into a microwave safe mug.
- Microwave the milk mixture for 90 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate chips and sugar into the warm milk.
- Add toppings if desired.
The links below are affiliate links!