My husband’s favorite cake is a German Chocolate Cake so I made this German Chocolate Cookies recipe just for him. These German Chocolate Cookies have all the flavors of a German Chocolate Cake… but in cookie form. Yep! Toasted coconut, pecans, caramel, and chocolate in one delicious cookie!
Affiliate Links are Included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you!
As far as I’m concerned, the only thing better than a delicious cookie is a delicious cookie that’s easy to make. This one qualifies. Yay!
I start by toasting the coconut flakes and pecans. Now, some of you are already complaining! I promise that I would not do it if it were difficult, but you may certainly skip this step to make the process even easier. The coconut and pecans in the cookies will be slightly chewier if they aren’t toasted.
To toast the coconut and pecans, I preheated the oven to 325°F. I spread the coconut flakes and pecans on a baking sheet. Just make sure they aren’t in a big pile. Mine toasted rather quickly in about 4 minutes, but just keep an eye on them. It can take up to 10 minutes.
Once the coconut and pecans are toasted (or not), preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, I mixed the German chocolate cake mix, eggs, coconut oil, and vegetable oil together. I added the toasted coconut, pecans, and caramel chips and mixed them in really well.
Roll the dough into (roughly) tablespoon-sized balls and place them about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them at 350°F for 8-12 minutes. Give them a little time to cool, then gobble them up before kids find them. Just kidding… maybe.
Are you ready to make some German Chocolate Cookies Recipe? Check out the recipe below!
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes (toasted)
- 1/2 cup Pecans (toasted & rough chopped into small chunks)
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake mix (16.5 oz)
- 2 Eggs (large)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Caramel Bits
- Toast coconut & pecans at 325 degrees for 4-10 minutes. Watch carefully! They toast quickly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, eggs, coconut oil, and vegetable oil.
- Add toasted coconut, pecans, and caramel chips to the dough above.
- Roll dough into roughly tablespoon-sized balls and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve and Enjoy!