Buttery ranch mushrooms recipe slow simmering away in the slow cooker or Crockpot is a fabulous side dish. This is my favorite dish to take to potlucks, parties, and gatherings.
Affiliate links are included in this post. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you!
I have brought these little gems to church potlucks. Buttery ranch mushrooms were a popular side dish at last year’s Thanksgiving celebration. They are always a hit, and they always disappear quickly which is especially phenomenal given that they are so incredibly easy to make.
I usually start by melting the butter and stirring the dry Ranch dressing powder into the butter. That deliciousness gets poured over the mushrooms already cut as desired and waiting patiently in the slow cooker.
If melting butter and mixing dry Ranch seasoning seems like work, you can simply drop pats of butter over the mushrooms in the slow cooker then sprinkle the dry Ranch seasoning. I would give the whole dish a good stir before serving to make sure that the butter and Ranch are evenly distributed.
At Thanksgiving in particular, my mother’s oven is working continuously. Most of the burners on her stove are filled. It is nice to bring something that doesn’t take up more prime real estate on her stove or in her oven. My side dishes are simmering away in the background and out of the way. Even better, my side dishes require so little work and effort.
I also like to cook an occasional (okay, maybe more than just occasional) meal in my slow cookers. I will put a main dish in my biggest slow cooker (I have teen boys), then I’ll fill my triple slow cooker with side dishes and desserts. My entire dinner cooks while I do other things. Nice!
Are you ready to make some buttery Ranch mushrooms? Check out the recipe below!
- 24 oz. container of Large Gourmet Stuffer Mushrooms (or your favorite mushrooms)
- 1 stick Butter (melted)
- 1 TBSP Dry Ranch Seasoning (the dry powdered kind that you can make dressing with)
- Cut mushrooms as desired. I simple halved mine and removed the stem.
- Toss mushrooms into your slow cooker.
- Melt butter.
- Add dry Ranch seasoning to the melted butter.
- Pour butter mixture over mushrooms.
- Place lid on your slow cooker securely.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours adjusting cooking time according to your appliance.
- Before serving, give them a good stir.
That’s all there is to it! If you are in the market for a new triple slow cooker, check out my affiliate links below.