We’re starting to get some cooler days mingled in with the warmer days. Those cooler days have me dreaming of hot soups and stews… and, of course, chili with beans. I have several favorite chili recipes. You will likely see them all before long, but we’ll start with with my ground meat (I use ground turkey) chili with beans.
We like to eat this chili with corn chips and shredded cheese. My husband likes to eat saltine crackers with his. Occasionally, we will eat it wrapped in a soft flour tortilla with cheese like a chili burrito.
Are you ready to make some chili with beans? Check out the recipe below!
- Frozen ground meat with onions, bell peppers, and seasoning (Recipe Here) (Fresh cooked will require less time in the slow cooker)
- 2 Cans Kidney Beans – Drained
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Tomato Paste
- 1-2 Tbsp chili powder (I used 2 today)
- 1 Tbsp Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning Blend (or your favorite season all)
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste (I didn’t need any since the meat was pre-seasoned.)
- Put all the ingredients into the slow cooker. Stir as well as you can.
- I sometimes come back after the ground meat has thawed to stir it up. You could simple stir all the other items together, pour over the meat, then stir again before serving. That works, too.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours in a slow cooker. Adjust cooking times to your appliance.
- Adjust the seasoning to your liking and serve.
*This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission from clicks or purchases through these links.