I have some great and easy meals to share with you this week using this Flavorful Shredded Chicken from my slow cooker.
They all start with the same base: Shredded Chicken. Today, I am sharing with you my recipe for a terrific shredded chicken in the slow cooker that is delicious enough to eat alone. In the next few days, I will share some great recipes for meals using the shredded chicken.
Affiliate Links Included
As I add more recipes for shredded chicken, I will link those recipes here for you. Be sure to come back and look for those. You can pin this page to your Pinterest board by clicking the pin icon on any picture in this post.
You don’t want to cook all the flavor out of your chicken. That is so easy to do. You want to add some flavor back into your chicken as it loses some of its natural flavor in the cooking process. I add either chicken base or chicken broth (whichever I happen to have on hand at the time) and Tony Chachere’s Cajun/Creole Seasoning (my favorite go-to season-all). Sometimes, I add garlic, herbs, onions, bell peppers, etc to jazz up a recipe.
Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning is my favorite go-to seasoning.
Are you ready to make some flavorful shredded chicken? Check out the recipe below!
- Chicken breasts
- Chicken broth, Chicken bouillon, Chicken base, or even Veggie Broth
- Your favorite seasoning (I use Tony Chachere’s)
- Anything else your heart desires: garlic, onion, bell pepper, herbs, seasonings, spice, flavors
- Water (enough to cover the chicken)
- Put everything in the slow cooker and add enough water to cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Adjust cooking times for your slow cooker. My Ninja cooking system will cook a good bit faster than this, but my daughter’s slow cooker would need more time than this.
- Once the chicken is cooked, drain the water.
- The quickest way to shred the chicken is to use a hand mixer or a food processor, but two forks will do the job just fine.
That’s it! Now you have shredded chicken to be used in a myriad of delicious and easy dinners.
Recipes using the shredded chicken:
*This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission from clicks or purchases through these links.