I love this recipe for single serve microwave cake in a mug. I am posting it today because my daughter will be going back to college soon. This is one of the recipes that she requested.
It really is a perfect college dorm room or apartment recipe because it is 1) Cheap, 2) Easy, 3)Microwavable, and 4)Single Serving. Everything a college student needs, right?
Are you ready to make single serve microwave cake in a mug? Check out the recipe below.
- 1 Box of Cake Mix (chocolate, strawberry, butter pecan, lemon, spice, and white are my faves.)
- *I have never tried carrot cake, and I don’t know if the consistency would work. Otherwise, I imagine any flavor would work.
- 1 Box of Angel Food Cake Mix
- Open gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Pour the box of cake mix and the angle food cake mix into the Ziploc bag. Seal the bag closed well. Squeeze and squish the bag until the mixes are thoroughly mixed.
- That’s it for the mix. Your mix is done. I recommend using a sharpie or pen to write the flavor and directions on the bag.
- Now that you have your mix, just add 3 tablespoons of mix and 2 tablespoons of water to your coffee mug. Stir it together. Microwave. My microwave takes about 44 seconds.
That’s it. A hot, single-serving of cake in your favorite flavor in under a minute. You just can’t beat that! You can top with your favorite frosting or whipped topping, but it is really good by itself, too.
*This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation for purchases bought through these links.