Fruit Salad is my favorite kind of salad! Growing up, my mother would make an enormous fruit salad a couple of times during the summer. Fruit Salad became a sign of summer.
Affiliate links are included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you.
Kitchen Tools Recommended
Large Stirring Spoon
Plastic Wrap or a lid for the serving bowl if not serving immediately
This Fruit Salad recipe is so easy to make. Everything gets tossed into a large bowl. A quick stir, and it is ready to serve. This really is a lovely dessert or side dish for cook outs, BBQ’s, potlucks, or garden parties. Perhaps you’re planning a Brunch for Mother’s Day or some other occasion, fruit salad would be a wonderfully fruity addition.
I prefer using canned fruit with it’s own juices. Canned chunk pineapple in pineapple juice along with canned sliced peaches in peach juice start this recipe. I pour them into a very large bowl. To minimize clumping, I added the vanilla pudding mix next and gave it a good stir to remove all clumps. Canned mandarin oranges with juice gets added with a quick stir.
Now, I add my fresh fruit. Red Grapes (my kids’ choice), strawberries that have been roughly chopped, and blueberries are all added. I gave it a quick stir then added a tiny bit of coconut extract. The coconut extract just seems to brighten it and gives it a more tropical feel. Be sure to keep the fruit salad in the refrigerator covered until you are ready to serve it. If your serving bowl doesn’t have a lid, some plastic wrap will do the trick.
Are you ready to make some Easy One Bowl Fruit Salad? Check out the recipe below!
- 1 can (20 oz) Pineapple Chunks in pineapple juice
- 1 can (15 oz) Peach Slices in peach juice
- 1 large box (5.1 oz) Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 3 individual cups (4 oz each) Mandarin Oranges in juice
- 2 cups Red Grapes
- 16 oz Strawberries (roughly chopped or sliced)
- 1 dry pint Blueberries
- 1 tsp Coconut Extract
- Pour Pineapple chunks and Peach slices into a large bowl.
- Add pudding mix and stir well to remove any clumps of pudding mix.
- Add mandarin oranges and give it a quick stir
- Add red grapes, strawberries and blueberries
- Give another quick stir
- Add coconut extract and stir to incorporate well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve