Have you visited Dee’s In The Kitchen? She has some really amazing recipes there. I am participating in a recipe swap with some fabulous recipe and food bloggers. Naturally, Dee’s In the Kitchen is among them, and I am honored to get to recreate one of her recipes. Choosing one recipe was not easy. Her site has amazing food photography and scrumptious-looking goodies everywhere. I finally decided to make Dee’s Pecan Pie Muffins.
Affiliate links are included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you!
The oven should preheat to 350°F. This recipe starts by toasting 1 cup of pecans over medium low heat on the stove top while stirring. I toasted mine for about 10 minutes. Be careful not to burn them, but if you’re stirring them and watching closely, that shouldn’t really be a problem.
Once the pecans are nice and toasty, chop them up into little pieces. I used my immersion blender and a tall glass because my food processor is not working at the moment. Such is life. Dee’s In the Kitchen recommends using a baggie with a rolling pin or mallet. Whatever works, right?
In a mixing bowl, I used a fork to combine the toasted & chopped pecans with 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. In a separate and much smaller bowl, I used a hand mixer to whip 2 large eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until it was nice and frothy. The egg and vanilla mixture gets added into the pecan mixture along with 2/3 cup of softened butter. I used a hand mixer to make sure it was well blended.
The muffin tin gets a thorough spraying with cooking spray to prevent sticking. I spooned the muffin batter into the muffin tins. I usually fill each cup about 2/3 of the way. Dee recommends baking for about 20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. My muffins needed to bake for over 25 minutes. Once they are baked, a knife or small silicon spatula can be used to loosen the sides of the muffins from the muffin tin. Let them cool. Then hide them from your family before they realize just how delicious these truly are. Seriously, you’re going to want these all for yourself.
Are you ready to make some of Dee’s Pecan Pie Muffins? Check out the recipe below.
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cup Butter (softened)
- Cooking spray or muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast pecans in a saucepan over medium low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Toss frequently to keep from burning.
- Once toasted, allow pecans to cool.
- Chop toasted and cooled pecans into small bits.
- In a large bowl, combine pecans, sugar, flour, and salt well.
- In a small bowl, whisk or beat eggs and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture and softened butter to the large bowl with the pecan mixture.
- Combine all ingredients together well. (hand mixer or mixer works well, but a spoon will do)
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or add muffin liners.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin tins filling approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake on 350 for approximately 25 minutes or until they bounce back to the touch and a knife comes out clean from the center.
- Once baked, run a silicon spatula around each muffin to loosen them from the muffin tin.
- Allow them to cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve and Enjoy!