I always keep white chocolate chips on hand. Since I am making lots of hot cocoa this week, it is a no-brainer that I should make a white chocolate cocoa, too. This recipe makes enough cocoa for just one person, but it is so quick that multiple people can have white chocolate cocoa in minutes… or… you can multiply the recipe as desired and cook on the stove top or slow cooker.
Affiliate links are included. Commissions from these links help to support this blog. Thank you!
My handsome husband is pictured above drinking white chocolate cocoa. He was working hard doing maintenance on our daughter’s car and welcomed the break. I’m not sure he enjoyed modelling for this post, but he was a good sport.
This microwave recipe is super simple and quick. I simple pour half and half and milk into a mug. I microwaved the milk for 90 seconds to get it nice and warm. After 90 seconds, I pull the warm milk out and add white chocolate chips and sugar. I stir it really well until the white chocolate is melted and combined well. I simply topped it with whipped cream. Certainly shaved white chocolate, jimmies, candies, sprinkles, or a maraschino cherry would top it off nicely as well.
Are you ready to make some white chocolate cocoa? Check out the recipe below!
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1/4 cup Milk (I used skim milk, but whatever you have will work.)
- 2 TBSP White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Optional Toppings: Whipped Cream, shaved white chocolate, sprinkles, etc.
- Pour half and half into your favorite mug.
- Add milk to the half and half.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Pull mug out of the microwave.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and sugar until melted and well combined.
- Add toppings if desired.
That’s it! There’s nothing to it, right?